Friday, September 24, 2010

Scenic Favorites...

As a fun little break I thought it would be neat to share 10 movies I like to watch because of the settings they are filmed in. These are not put in any particular order just as they came to me.


10. The Bourne Trilogy
I like the bourne trilogy because in these films you get to jump all over Europe. France, Italy, Morocco and Switzerland to name a few.






9. French Kiss
I think the banter between Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline in this film. I love the shots of Paris, the beach and especially the shots with his family at the Vineyard. I always want to watch this movie with some Laughing Cow Cheese.




8. The Holiday
I love Jack Black and Jude Law in this film. I don't like Cameron Diaz very much, but am willing to overlook here for this film. I love the holiday shots of the English countryside. I like the shots of the cottage and the pubs in this movie.





6&7. Let the Right One In & Girl With A Dragon Tattoo.
Both of these are great films if you can see them edited. Both are being remade into English versions. I think some of the great parts of these movies are the beautiful shots of Sweden. Being 1/4 Swedish I might be being a bit one sided, but they are great shots. Both are very different shooting styles. The vampire shots are more close up and at night. Very cold and still looking. The Dragon shots are long sweeping shots of full countryside.




5. Leap Year
Leap Year was a fun movie to watch. The shots of the local pubs and the farming countryside are great. Most Irish and Scottish films are this way. You see the narrow roads and the shepherds with their sheep grazing on the emerald green meadows.



4. The Man From Snowy River
I will take us out of Europe for a bit and take us to Australia. I watched this movie a lot as a kid. The shots of the Victoria countryside are great.




3. Letters to Juliet
The beautiful Italian country and Amanda Seyfried make this one a must see.There a few shots of the cities, but mostly vineyards and countryside.




2. Under the Tuscan Sun
Once again set in Italy, but this time with Diane Lane. This is a film that makes me want to eat Italian food all day.






1. Goal:The Dream Begins
I like this one for many reasons. Soccer and England being the two main ones. There are great shots of Newcastle and the scene when he eats his Full English breakfast looks great.

Well, there are some of the movies I like to watch to see other countries and other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment