Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid


"Zoo-Wee-Mama!!"

I had seen the books in the bookstore, and was confused about the purpose behind them, an even how to read them. I was not surprised, however, that they decided to make a movie out of it. I was surprised on how much I like this film. The young man that plays Greg, the main character, was a great actor. I was impressed by most of the kids in this movie. The friends were very entertaining. I enjoyed all the scenes with Greg's older brother, Roddick. One of my favorite parts was to find out that he was a drummer for a band called "Loded Diper." Awesome.

The purpose of the movies was to see how Greg and his friend Rowley would handle going to middle school. They develop a list of popularity and develop plans to get to the top. Of course most of the plans go wrong and friendships are made and broken.

I was particularly fond of the little friend Freggy. He is a disgusting kid who most kids would avoid being around. All of his scenes are entertaining, and a bit disturbing/disgusting.

There was a young girl played by Chloe Moritz who was particularly good. She is a great actor and will be appearing in the upcoming movie "Let Me In." This is the American adaptation of a Swedish film, "Let The Right One In," which she will be playing a 12 year old vampire. No not the dancing, happy kind we all fell in love with in the "other" films. Cloe's character in this film is the grounded Friend who offers sage advice. She is the one who sees past Middle School and all the games that are played there.

I was very happy with this film and so was my oldest son who said "We should buy this from the store dad." Sorry buddy mommy did not like it as much as we did

8.23 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment