Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Pink Panther 2



"Would you - even though it may lead to injury - marry me?"

I have always loved stupid movies. Well, at least that is what my wife calls them. I like the 80's style comedies like the Great Outdoors, Ferris Bullar's Day Off, and all of the John Cusack films. I was surprised that I never watched the old Pink Panther Series with Peter Sellers. After Seeing the new Pink Panther films with Steve Martin I did go back and check out the older ones and loved them.

I was not disappointed with this one either. I went into the film knowing there would be cliched misshapes with the main character, but that is why I like these films. I put them in the brainless fun genre. I can watch these films over and over as I'm cleaning or multitasking. I had figured who was the "bad guy" as soon as they appeared in the film, but that is to be expected.

I thought Steve Martin did a good job at playing Inspector Clouseau. I am sure bout one thing in this film. I think that any movie that requires a French Police officer that it needs to be played, and usually is, by Jean Reno. He is in a lot of movies like French kiss and The Da Vinci Code. He is great. Steve's assistant Nicole, who is played by Emily Mortimer is also veyr good. As usual I like the footage of foreign countries. I sure most of the inside shots are on a sound stage, but the shots of Paris are nice.

Yes this movie would never be up for an oscar, but that is probably why I like it.

7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment