Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Last Airbender



"I taught him that."

Over a Memorial day BBQ a good friend suggested that I watch the anime series Avatar: The Last Airbender. I got a few episodes in and my son was hooked. He was very excited to see that there was a movie being made about it. I was reluctant. I have never been very impressed about a Nickelodeon remake of anything and this was no different. The effects were good. The acting was terrible. If this were a silent movie it would have been much, much better.

The Last Airbender is about a brother and a sister who find a boy in the ice. He is the Avatar, the person who can bend all four elements (glorified Thai Chi),and is supposed to beat the oppressive Fire Nation who have oppressed and enslaved the others.

I can't say that the acting was the worst, (well yes I can) but it was not helped by the fact that the lines they were given were terrible. I understand that it is hard to take a whole season ofwhich a TV series and cram it into 2 hours, but I have not seen it that badly done in a few years. I'm talking to you Twilight.

4 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment