Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Bounty Hunter




"Life is making mistakes."
"Death is wishing you had made more."

I usually don't get to watch a movie in the front room unless it is at 7 in the morning. I am usually putting boys to bed or giving them baths. Last night I made it through a whole movie. My sister-in-law had picked up The Bounty Hunter with Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler. The basic story line of the movie is that Gerard Butler's character is a former officer who is now a bounty hunter. His next bounty is his ex wife Nicole played by Jennifer Aniston.

There are many laughable moments in the movie. I mean that in a good way too. Nicole has a guy who follows here who wants to be her boyfriend. He is a 2nd bit of comic relief who get into the wrong place at the wrong time. The jokes and lines between the two leads are witty and enjoyable, but not much that we have not seen before. I did enjoy the movie though. I also enjoyed leaning over to my wife and asking the golden question once again..."Do you think they will end up together?" I was hushed up by all three women in the room.

The acting is good and the plot line is fun. I wish it could have had a stronger ending, but you do not find many good ones in a rom com. Most just stick to a pattern of a quick happy ending. The movie was worth a rental. I'm not sure about buying a copy unless it was in the $5 bin. Well maybe a little more if your getting it as a gift for a special someone who thinks Gerard Butler is a "Cutie Pie."

7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment