Sunday, August 7, 2011

Midnight in Paris




"You can fool me, but you cannot fool Ernest Hemingway!"



Woody Allen seems to put out a movie every six months. I never see them not because I don't want to, but more because of their ratings and the fact that they are never played in local theater. When I hear about this one, I knew I would have to see it.

Midnight in Paris is about a screenwriter from LA who goes with his Fiance and her parents to Paris to shop and plan for their wedding. Late one night Owen Wilson goes for a walk and gets lost. He sits down on a step and at midnight a car pulls up and whisks him away to Paris in 1920's. He meets famous writers and painters and a beautiful Marion Cotillard. He begins to question his own life and his relationship to his fiance.

Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams and Marion Cotillard. There is also a great supporting cast in Cathy Bates plays the great Gertrude Stein, Adrian Brody is an amusing Salvador Dali. My favorite had to be Corey Stoll who played Ernest Hemingway. He was so serious all the time and when he would talk it was like he was reading a paragraph from a novel. I had to laugh.

I thought this was a great date movie. It had all the elements that my wife would like and also enough humor for a guy to like. This was just another good movie to add on to the ever growing list of good movies of 2011.

7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment