Sunday, January 31, 2010

Julie and Julia


I am so hungry...

I was very glad that I had food to eat while I was watching this movie. I had just finished a Pot Roast dinner as I sat down to watch Julie and Julia, a movie based on a book. A women named Julia, played by Amy Adams, who discovers the a cookbook by Julia Child, played by the great Meryl Streep, and vows to cook all 500+ recipes in one year. It also shows the life of Julia child and the struggles she went through to become a famous chef. I was so hungry watching this movie. They make so many delicious looking dishes that I was waiting to see what was next.
The movie itself was good. The story of Julie was ok, the best parts were with Julia Child. She seemed like such a fun person to be around. Meryl Streep plays her part very well. My mother-in-law said she played her exactly as she was on tv.
The movie was set in New York City and in Paris. You do get to see a bit of each city, but the majority of the film is in the kitchen, as it should be with a cooking movie. I watch this movie with a grin on my face for most of it, of course food always makes men happy. I recommend this movie for anyone who is a fan of cooking and of Meryl Streep.

6.7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment