Saturday, January 30, 2010

500 Days of Summer


Most days start out average...

500 Days of Summer is a movie about a greeting card writer named Tom who meets a girl at work named Summer. The movie is a non linear movie, meaning it jumps from current to past and half way back again; as tom tries to figure where the relationship went wrong. He gets great advice from his younger sister whose sage advice makes me wish we all had a 10 yr old sister who spoke like she was 85. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is great in this film. Between this and Brick he has redeemed himself from 10 Things I hate About You, in my eyes. Zoey Deschanel is great as a quirky young lady who does not believe in love and is not looking to fall for it, causing the whole plot to take place.
The cinematography of this movies is great. It has a big budget independent feel to it. It is set in Los Angels, but almost looks like and artsy part of New York. It shows you many places in LA you don't normaly see in movies. In this film you get to see that there are trees and grass in parts of LA.
I liked this movie, I didn't love it, but I liked it. It was definitely worth the short hour and 1/2.

I give it 6.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment