Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away



Cirque Du Soleil has always been on my want to see list. I have never been in a place to see one of the shows, so when I found out that they were flming one for a 3D film I wanted to take the boys to go see it. With New years a good day to do nothing and this no being a very largley advertised movie we decided to hit the early show.

Cirque is about a girl who lives in a small town and goes to visit a traveling carnival. She is facinated by the carnival and sees a man who she fancies. She goes to leave and stopped by a silent clown who persuades her to go see the aerialist who is the man she is smitten with. She goes to watch him on the trapeze and distracrs him causing him to fall to the ground. she rushes to him and th ground gives way sending them dow to the world of Cirques Du Soleil. They spend the rest of the movie trying to find eachother, coming across the amazing acts of Cirque Du Soleil. Many of the scenes are made up of their stage preformances such as "O", "Beatles: Love," and "Viva Elvis." They acts were great in 3D, They were not overwheming or full of cheap tricks. The scenes are just as you would see on the stage , just bigger. My favorite character was the ringmaster, a creepy clown-like man, who helps the girl find the aerialist.

My boys were fascinated by the acts. There are the usual circus acts with rings and ropes and then there are new ones with water and rotating walls. There is very little talking but the visuals are great. I did however feel it was 15-20 mins too long. The last 30 mins my 5yr old asked how much was left. However, when it was over he said "That was awesome." I asked my 8yr old he he thought it was cool and he said he loved it. We went with our Aunt and cousin. She said it felt as if she had spent the last 2 hrs in another world. It was lots of fun to see these amazing artist without paying the price for a Vegas show. There was onyl about 10 people in the theater. I think the film still is flying below most peoples radar. It is a good family film. Lots of fun for old and young.

7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment