Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Muppets



"Are you one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?"

"Y-yes, yes I am."



The second movie we hit on our Thanksgiving day outing was the new Muppets movie. This film had gotten a lot of good reviews so I was pretty excited to see it. The boys and I had seen the Muppets From Outer Space on TV earlier that week so they kind of knew what to expect. They had not had much exposure to the Muppets. So after a lunch at Burger King, along with a bunch of other dad's taking kids out for lunch, we headed back to the theater.

The Muppets movie is about a new Muppet, named Walter, who grew up watching the Muppets with his older brother , Gary, played by Jason Segal. So, Gary decides to surprise Walter and bring him along on the 10 yr anniversary trip with his girlfriend, Mary(Amy Adams).

They head off to California to see the sights. They stop off at the Muppet Studios to find it run down and on the verge of being sold to a business man who wants to tear down the studio. Kermit has no choice to sell unless he can com up with a lot of money to pay for the studio. They go talk to Kermit and ask him to to get the Muppet gang back together to raise money to save the studio. What follows is a bunch of OK songs and some small laughs.

I though this film was OK. I don't know if it was the fact that it was the 2nd movie we saw that day or if just did not impress me. I thought the songs were mediocre and the story pretty predictable. My 7yr old asked me when it was going to be over when we were only half way through the film. It was good to see the Muppets on the big screen and like most of the other films it was just OK. After all the praise I was hoping for another Muppet Christmas Carol or Treasure Island, but ended up being under-whelmed. Still it is a piece of history and I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment