Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2




Thanks for carrying me up those last flights of stairs. I threw up on the third floor. You may want to have some one mop that up... an evil janitor maybe.

I was looking forward to seeing the sequel to the first film. I do like Jack Black and am a fan of his movies. My boys were also very excited to see this. We brought "Uncle" John along with us so he would enjoy a theater full of crazy kids along with us. I think I liked this one as well, if not more than the first. There is more action in this and more one-liner jokes. I have heard that it is better and worse than the first, so I guess it is a matter of opinion.

I thought this film was great. It is one film that I would be happy to go see for a second time in the theatre. I was very impressed with the difference between the first film and this. The first film was based mainly in the village and the second was in the village and the city. There were some scenes, Long shots, of the city where the "bad guy" was that were magnificent. I caught myself actually saying
"wow" and "what a great shot" even though I guess it is technically not a shot.

I think that this summer is shaping up o be a good one. Much better than last year. This will be the summer of sequels and if they are all as good as this one we'll be set.

8.9 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment